In order to serve its mission, LFU has established educational partnerships with a number of foreign major institutions:
- University of Picardie Jules Verne (UPJV Amiens – French state university)
- University of Nimes (French state university)
- French Institute of Petroleum (IFP Paris – France)
- Heriot-Watt University – Edinburg Business School (Scotland – UK)
- SUPEC Ecole Supérieure de Commerce (Beirut - Lebanon)
These partnerships provide for:
exchange programs enabling students to pursue their studies in foreign universities.
joint programs developed in Kurdistan with foreign partners, leading to double degrees (the foreign university degree and their University’s); another advantage to joint programs is the benefit offered to students of educational resources and skills that are difficult to obtain on a purely local level.
These different international openings are also a good way to make the University better known abroad and to ensure a greater recognition for its degrees. Hence the efforts endeavored by the University to multiply its foreign partnerships with universities sharing comparable objectives.